ABL1000 Air Bearing Stage
ABL 1000 series stages are the highest performance miniature air-bearing stages available. Aerotech has combined over 30 years of precision motion control and positioning system experience with the latest technologies to produce a truly outstanding miniature, linear air-bearing stage.
The linear positioner is a fully preloaded, noncontact design. Inherently frictionless, air bearings have proven to be the standard in precision applications, and Aerotech has now produced a miniature version. Driven by a noncontact linear brushless servomotor, this stage proves the ultimate solution whether the application requires small, accurate steps or constant smooth velocity. Superior magnetic field and motor coil design result in the highest force output of any miniature air-bearing stage. This stage offers superior servo performance. Years of research have resulted in a robust and perturbation-free cable management system.
Feedback and Control System
A wide selection of state-of-the-art controllers are available, including the Automation 3200 software controller with digital drives, and the Soloist and Ensemble controllers (including the stand-alone EnsembleTM Epaq).
Convenient rack or panel-mount amplifiers are included with all systems. Aerotech’s expert technical staff is experienced in custom system designs and will work with you to generate a system to meet the unique needs of your application.
1. Maximum speed based on stage capability; maximum application velocity may be limited by system data rate and system resolution.
2. Max load for XY configuration is 10.0 kg
3. Values with Aerotech controls and HAL option.
4. Dependent on flatness of stage mounting surface.
5. To protect air bearing against under-pressure, an in-line pressure switch tied to the controller E-stop input is required.
6. Air supply must be clean, dry to 0° F dew point, and filtered to 0.25 um or better; recommend nitrogen at 99.99% purity.
7. ABL10150 must be used as the bottom axis of an XY stack.
8. Specifications are for single-axis systems, measured 50 mm above the tabletop. Performance of multi-axis systems is payload and workpoint dependent. Consult factory for multi-axis or non-standard applications.